The past couple of weeks was certainly an eventful one. Here’s what transpired:
- Moved into our new office in Chelsea on May 31st. Participated in the super fun Walkabout NYC where we hosted over two dozen public visitors! Psyched that people came by.
- Officially closed all of our Series Seed of $750K (seed is less than $1M) on June 7th. Paperwork itself took 3.5 weeks from the time of commitment, and another 5 weeks to close with remaining angel investors. Long drawn out process for sure.
- On the same day, BetaBeat wrote an article about my “Startup Diet: Kale & Quinoa.” I found it pretty hilarious!
- Extended offers to 2 full-time employees on June 14th who both accepted our offers! The team’s now 4 full-time employees, 1 full-time contractor, and 4.5 summer interns. Whoa! How did we get so big so quickly? 😉
- Co-hosted The Red Tie Affair on June 14th with Gary from GarysGuide where 150 of the best NYC Founders, CEOs and investors mingle in an intimate setting.
- Netted by Webbys featured us on June 17th, which drove a ton of traffic and sign ups to our site.
- Relaunched our new site design on June 19th, exactly ONE year after we launched the alpha version of CityPockets, which was a “Tripit for Daily Deals” at that time where you had to email your vouchers to firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Announced our funding on TechCrunch on June 20th. Rip wrote a glowing post on us and we received really positive comments from a lot of people on TC. There were also follow-on posts by Forbes, BetaBeat, and a few others.
CityPockets, One Year in the Making: June 19, 2010 till June 19, 2011
Our journey so far… It’s purely a coincidence that we launched the new design exactly ONE year after the first unveiling of our alpha product last year. It must be a good sign 🙂